Friday, October 2, 2009

Picture(s) Of The Day - "The Passion"

This past week, I went back to Eureka Springs Park. This is one of my very favorite spots to shoot nature. My photo friend, Nancy, and I spend a lot of time there. The park had been closed for several months for renovations so a lot of things died out. These last few visits have started to show promise again as we are seeing a lot of new growth. More to come on some of the green house images.

Today I'm going to feature some of my Passion Flower shots. These are absolutely gorgeous flower vines. Unfortunately, the time of day was a little too bright, but they didn't turn out too bad, all things considered.

When we first approached the fencing, I was watching Nancy carefully making her way through the bushes. I was standing about six feet behind her when it looked like a long black thing started falling from the fence right in front of her. Oh, my gosh! I yelled. It was a SNAKE! Eeeeek! Nancy didn't budge. "Oh," she said, "it's just a black snake. I like snakes." Needless to say, I kept my eyes open from then on out. I DO NOT like snakes!

Hope you enjoy these passions.










1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful close-ups. The third shot shows so much detail. I had a similar snake incident (garter snake) while lying down shooting water lilies. After standing up I realized it was there...yikes.

    ReplyDelete