Monday, August 10, 2009

Picture Of The Day - "Butterfly Garden"

When I first got my digital camera, my workflow was to go through the images and separate the keepers from the trash. Sometimes, I would be a little bit lazy and let some of the bad ones stay on my hard drive. One day, I decided I would just play around with some layering and filtering effects that I had seen. I had kept an image of a butterfly from a local park that wasn't very sharp, but I couldn't bring myself to delete it. It was perfect for what I wanted to do. Filters are so much fun, and you can create some real works of art sometimes almost by accident. This piece has become a good piece for me on my Zazzle site as a postage stamp, mousepad, and card. So, now, I keep a LOT of images that I normally would get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment