Saturday, August 8, 2009

Picture Of The Day - "Daytona Beach Pier"

I have vivid memories of my youth and going to Daytona Beach, Florida. The hard sand seemed to run forever. Part of the fun was driving along the beach and checking everyone out. People would be stacked almost on top of each other it was so crowded. What fun that was! I remember the Daytona Beach Pier, the rides, the boardwalk and all the games and eateries. The bandstand always had something going on.

Fast forward to May 2009. My husband had a convention there on the beach, so I went with him. I thought it would be a great photographic opportunity. It rained most of the time when I was free to go out to the beach, but I did get some shots. This picture is of the Daytona Beach Pier Restaurant. You can still go fishing on the end, and the restaurant is open. It wasn't very crowded this time, though. All the rides I remember are now gone. The bandstand was still there, but there wasn't anything going on while we were there. Don't know if they still use it or not.

It was sad to see how things had changed. My husband and I reminisced about our childhood days and what great times we had there. Sometimes, it is good to go back and re-visit your youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment